Chicken Enchilada Casserole Skillet
This delicious Chicken Enchilada Casserole Skillet created by food blogger Easy Chicken Recipes is full of bright and vibrant Mexican flavors and is ready to serve in less than 30 minutes. It is so effortless to make, and you get all of those awesome flavors you’d expect without having to spend time rolling the mixture in the tortillas.
Drain and rinse the beans before adding them to the skillet. Canned beans can be quite salty and have a metallic taste if added straight from the can.
If you don't have a skillet, you can cook this chicken enchilada recipe in a large pot.
- 3 CHEF’S CRAFT® Flame Grilled Chicken Breast Fillets cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes with green chiles, such as Rotel, undrained
- 15 ounces black beans, fully drained and rinsed
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 flour tortillas small (6 inches) cut into strips (about 1-inch strips)
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- Fresh avocado cubed
- Diced Roma tomatoes
- Sour cream
Heat oil large 12-inch skillet over medium high heat.
Add the onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add in the cubed chicken and cook just to brown, 1 minute (CHEF’S CRAFT® Gourmet Chicken is already cooked).
Sprinkle in the taco seasoning and stir to coat. Add the tomatoes, beans, and enchilada sauce and stir to combine. Stir in the fresh cilantro. Bring to a simmer and allow to slightly thicken and the chicken to heat through.
Top with the tortilla strips and stir everything together.
Top with the cheese and reduce the heat to medium/low. Cover until the cheese has melted.
Serve garnished with fresh avocado, diced tomatoes, sour cream, and more cilantro.